Member Splash, a rapidly growing SaaS membership management platform, is looking for a Lead developer to run our development team and drive the further evolution of our product. As Lead Developer you’ll manage our existing developers and projects, develop roadmaps for new features and enhancements, and play a key role in building our internal and external development team as we continue to expand.
We’re a fully remote team scattered across the US but our current developers are all here in Southern California. Communication is critical so you must be available via Slack and Zoom between the hours of 10am and 6pm Pacific Time. We review work, discuss project status, peer code, etc. as needed during those hours.
About Us: We run a Software as a Service (SaaS) platform that has doubled in size each of the last three years and now serves clients across the United States. While the back end is powered by WordPress the front end and dashboard largely use the REST API and Vue.js. We have also developed a number of custom WordPress plugins that we use internally and a few of those have been released publicly.
About You: You have at least two years programming experience working on complex projects. Prior management experience is preferred but not required. You must be comfortable with setting team goals and holding people accountable to them. You enjoy working collaboratively on projects and coding as part of a team.
- Develop modern web applications that process millions of transactions from facility check-ins to credit card payments;
- Ensure a high-quality code base;
- Responsible for code reviews and merges;
- Lead and help build a team of developers with regular one-on-one and team meetings;
- Manage a development roadmap so both our internal teams and our customers have a clear idea of what is being built and when features are expected to be released;
WordPress: You know WordPress in depth. You’ve dug into the core code and understand how it works. If you needed to modify a built-in REST response you could, or you know where to turn to figure it out. You write clean, well commented code that someone coming behind you would be able to easily follow.
UI Frameworks: You have solid experience with a UI framework like Bootstrap. We use Vuetify.js, a Material Design framework, so bonus if you’re already familiar with it.
APIs: We’re steadily shifting all of our code to being API based and frequently build tools that leverage third party APIs like SendGrid, Authorize.net, Google, etc.
Git: Solid understanding of a standard Git workflow: branch / pull request / merge. We don’t honestly often use Git’s more advanced commands but if you needed to revert to a prior commit you could.
Composer: Our PHP code is all object oriented and namespaced and we use autoloading to handle dependencies.
Node: We use Vue-cli so you won’t often be working with Node directly but experience with it is definitely a plus.
Webpack: Automates all of the development and build processes. Linting, minifying, etc. A decent understanding of how to adjust Webpack configurations would be helpful.
Grunt: We try to automate as many things as possible and a stack of handy Grunt tasks are part of that.
The skills listed above don’t cover everything you’ll need in your toolbox and we don’t expect that you’ll necessarily have all of them right now. But you should feel comfortable with a majority of them and with your ability to pick up new skills as you go.
- A startup atmosphere but in an established, profitable, high growth company;
- Highly competitive compensation;
- Performance based bonuses;
- Three weeks paid time off annually;
- Health care coverage or contribution;
- 401k match;
- Fully remote;
- Opportunity to advance your skills via company-sponsored participation in courses, conferences, etc;
How to Apply
Complete the form below and please be sure to provide the following:
- Your resume;
- Your desired salary (annual);
- Your Github/GitLab profile or open source projects you contributed to;
- Other representative examples of your work that are relevant to the position;
- If you are active in communities like StackOverflow, please let us know as well