Tech Support Developer
We’re looking someone who is available to work remotely for full (preferred) or part time, for the most part keeping within normal business hours (M-F, 9-5). We communicate through Slack throughout the day, Slack team calls 2x per week, and FreshDesk to communicate with our customers.
The Tech Support Developer will work on bug tickets that require code changes, technical debt cleanup, writing tests, and testing new features. They may also participate in code reviews, database cleanups, and writing documentation.
The Tech Support Developer is the second-line of support and are asked to handle tickets that are outside of the support team’s scope, but inside the development teams range of knowledge. When not working on bug fixes, which is their primary job, the Tech Support Developer works on QA testing and helps write or rewrite features that require refactoring and address technical debt. They also take the time to accurately document code and bug fix changes or solutions.
- Diagnoses, troubleshoots, and fixes bug tickets from freshdesk that have been sent to development.
- Has the coding and technical knowledge to fix bugs directly in the codebase, hunt down functionality in undocumented code, and work with legacy code.
- Updates the database with fixes. Will need to know or learn mySQL.
- Interacts with clients through phone, emails or chats to investigate issues and keep clients up to date on the progress of their ticket solution.
- Provides accurate feedback to customers promptly.
- Maintains the bug issues log and follows procedures to keep track of bug solution progress.
- Writes up support solutions for internal reference in case of recurring issues.
- Documents technical knowledge in the knowledge database for internal and customer use.
- QA/unit Tests new features for bugs, completion, and usability, and provides feedback before a code update.
- Writes code tests to help automate new feature testing.
- Learns and maintains personal knowledge about the system, it’s current features, and learns the ins and outs of any new features created.
- Helps complete projects or tasks related to paying down the backlog of technical code debt and code refactoring.
- Handles opening support tickets on third party integration sites when necessary. This means if there is an “outside” issue with integrations like MailChimp, GravityForms, Ecrypt, or Authorize.net and we need the help of those systems’ support channels, the Tech Support Developer initiates opening tickets to ask them for help.
- Possesses patience, friendliness, and determination to help less technical users.
- Reliable, dedicated, good time-management skills, and the motivation to research solutions.
- Knowledge of WordPress and experience working with WordPress plugins.
- Familiarity with MySQL queries is a plus.
- Experience with Mail Chimp.
How to Apply
Complete the form below and please be sure to provide the following:
- Your resume;
- Your desired salary (annual);
- Your Github/GitLab profile or open source projects you contributed to;
- Other representative examples of your work that are relevant to the position;
- If you are active in communities like StackOverflow, please let us know as well